TORONTO'S #1 PRIVATE INVESTIGATION AGENCY
Built on Trust, Expertise & Integrity. Confidential Immediate Results. Knowledge is Power.
Your perfect marriage has gone off the rails, and now you’re separating. What happens next? Although everyone’s path is different, a few things don’t change. It’s painful, confusing, and can leave you looking for answers when you’re not even sure what the questions are.
Hiring a private investigator to help you sort things out might seem like the last thing you should do, but it can make the road out of your marriage much smoother.
Questions a Private Investigator can Answer
Separation doesn’t always mean divorce, but as they say: “Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.” Here’s how a private investigator can help you:
- Locating and Verifying Assets – Most couples share at least some of their finances, but one or both often have assets that their spouse doesn’t know about. It could be a bank account they keep for emergencies, the stock they bought a long time ago that’s since become valuable, or even property they’ve held but never visited. In the worst-case scenario, they may be hiding assets from you deliberately. A skilled private investigator can follow paper trails, including public records, Internet databases, and transaction histories, to locate all the marriage assets and help you claim what’s rightfully yours. Dividing your assets is only part of the equation here—a full accounting of the assets of both parties weighs into the amount you’ll get in child and spousal support.
- Child Custody and Access – In Ontario, child custody, access, and child support must be spelled out in your separation agreement. This includes who the children live with and who has the right to make decisions about their health, education, and moral upbringing. This is often one of the most contentious and emotional parts of a separation, and you want to be certain that you’re making the right decisions for your children. Suppose you have concerns about your children while with their other parent; a private investigator can get you the evidence you need to secure your custody and access rights. Using sophisticated investigative methods and specialized equipment, they can get an inside look at how your spouse treats your children, who they expose the children to, and any activities they engage in that could put your child at risk.
- Grounds For Divorce – Canada has no-fault divorces, meaning that you don’t need to prove that the marriage breakdown is someone’s fault. However, you do have to live apart for at least a year for a court to grant you a divorce. If you want the divorce to go through faster, you need to show that (a) your spouse committed adulty and you haven’t forgiven them for it, or (b) your spouse has been cruel or abusive toward you. You need proof that you can present to a court for both issues. This is where a private investigator can be extremely helpful: they have the tools and the expertise to obtain this evidence for you, and they know what sorts of evidence will be convincing to a judge.
Why Choose Star Quality Private Investigations?
In the GTA, you have options when it comes to private investigations. Here are the advantages we offer:
- An Unmatched Reputation
As a winner of the RBC SME Business of the Year Award, Star Quality Private Investigations is recognized within its own industry and beyond for its leadership.
- Our Track Record of Success
We’ve been helping people navigate their most difficult life challenges for over two decades. You can depend on us to get the facts you need and the results you deserve.
- Experienced, Specialized Investigators
All our investigators are former law enforcement detectives whose combined years of experience are greater than any other agency in the area. Our team comprises experts from many different areas so that each case benefits from a full range of abilities and knowledge.
- Professionalism With Compassion
We know that this is an incredibly stressful time for you, fraught with impossible decisions, regret, and doubt. You’re not just a number to us: our service is about you and your situation, including all the bumps in the road. We treat each case individually with the discretion and empathy it deserves.
- Immediate Action
Things can happen quickly when you’re going through a separation, and problems you never expected to have can spring up at any time. We’re ready to get the ball rolling on your case right away.
Star Quality Private Investigations is your Number One choice for support during this trying time. Read more about our divorce and separation investigations, and then contact us to talk to one of our expert private investigators. Let’s get to work making things better for you.